The engine of the German version of the mk2 FRS is limited?

Focus RS Forum

Hilfe Unterstützen FOCUS RS:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrenchRS

Punkte Reaktionen
Hello

I am French, I bought a Focus RS MK2 in particular in France, but I think it is a German version because the headlights are permanently and are not deactivated. I wanted to know if the engine was limited to the German version to 250 km / h? On the track, I can not exceed 245 km / h o_O

Is this your event? I need to update the mapping (CL) and I wonder if it will be enough.

Thanking you :prost:

Greg

Hi,

I'm sorry but neither of your statements is correct.
- German version does NOT have headlights on permanently and are easily deactivated. Neither does the Swiss version. Not sure there is any version with headlights always on.
- the engine never has been limited to 250 km/h in any mapping or country.

If you can not exceed 245 km/h I would recommend: update to the latest mapping and check if there is a difference.
If not, consult a local Ford garage for a more general inspection.

Regards

This is probably an austrian Version, if you tell me your VIN (via PM) I can check this for you. This permanent headlight can be deactivated easily by your Ford dealer via IDS / OBD2

Hello,

Sorry, but I remeber, that there was one softeware version a short time available, which had a wrong program part from the Ford Kuga. At this car, the engine rpm is limited in the 6th gear. So the speed was limited indirect at round about 250km/h.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hi,
for teh Focus RS there are moren than 1 software versions. It starts with CE in 2009, over CG in 2010 und futher on CH, CJ, CK and the last one CL.
CE und CG was limited in the 6th gear at about 6200 rpm. Possible at 255km/h.
This problem should be solved since CJ.

The best would be, you go to your Ford-Dealer and check your current version and you will know. After that you could speak to him to update your RS to the newest one. Since CJ the most RS have a little bit more HP than 305 and a better diagramm of power and torque.

A stock RS will in most of the cases not reach its declared vmax. of 263km/h. OK, maybe downhill it will or in slipstream...

boerniRS schrieb:
This is probably an austrian Version, if you tell me your VIN (via PM) I can check this for you. This permanent headlight can be deactivated easily by your Ford dealer via IDS / OBD2

Good evening and thank you for your reply. I don't know where the VIN information but here the door, is that okay?
cordially

rocketralfRS schrieb:
Hello,

Sorry, but I remeber, that there was one softeware version a short time available, which had a wrong program part from the Ford Kuga. At this car, the engine rpm is limited in the 6th gear. So the speed was limited indirect at round about 250km/h.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

I hope that this limitation is retroactive, what you say is not reassuring :(

sleipnirsreiter schrieb:
Hi,
for teh Focus RS there are moren than 1 software versions. It starts with CE in 2009, over CG in 2010 und futher on CH, CJ, CK and the last one CL.
CE und CG was limited in the 6th gear at about 6200 rpm. Possible at 255km/h.
This problem should be solved since CJ.

The best would be, you go to your Ford-Dealer and check your current version and you will know. After that you could speak to him to update your RS to the newest one. Since CJ the most RS have a little bit more HP than 305 and a better diagramm of power and torque.

Good evening

Thank you for your answer, my :rs: will be injecting the CL, I hope that's enough, thank you for your confirmation.
I'll tell you next week if it solved the problem.

some guys here did some test, I can´t explain this in english. but a normal Focus RS didn´t run on straight was 263 kph. He always get 258 kph. the missing 5 kph are the result auf a mistake done bei Ford. Ford forget the rolling resistance of the car for his own.
thats the reason why an RS 500 only run 265kph (2kph more than RS). Here did Ford react and learn by their own misstake.

boerniRS schrieb:

I responded to your message, did you read? cordially :winken:

French RS

I checked the vin and the vehicle was sold in Austria!
So your dealer sould be able to deactivate the permanent headlights!

Hi
Ford brought me the last map but alas the power is still not there! So I do not know what to do! And Ford has succeeded in removing the headlights! Grrrr :stock1:

Whats about goin onto the dyno to see if there really is a problem with the performance? I would not take the vmax as the only indicator of a performance problem, also if it is a possible one.
Take your car on the rollers and you will see. And as said before, a stock RS will normaly no go much faster than 255km/h.

-TK- schrieb:
Whats about goin onto the dyno to see if there really is a problem with the performance? I would not take the vmax as the only indicator of a performance problem, also if it is a possible one.
Take your car on the rollers and you will see. And as said before, a stock RS will normaly no go much faster than 255km/h.

TK thank you, that's exactly what I intended to do :) I tabled the report here as soon as I did!

See you later

Neueste Beiträge

Oben