Focus Cosworth

Focus RS Forum

Hilfe Unterstützen FOCUS RS:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far so good. Clear head gasket failure, which I'm not too bothered about. These normally last 4 years and have a max boost pressure of 26psi from what I've seen, so with 31psi peak it's last 7 years. A lotta trips and track abuse in that time, happy with that.

More so, that there's no cracks on the head or block :)

Since the head work and gasket, I've been working on the rear turrets recently. It's always been something I wanted to tackle because, well as the pictures suggest they resemble a bit of work that was rushed to get the car sold. Which is a shame, because the rest of the car and front turrets are bang on. I might be a bit unfair, but regardless they needed sorting. So there's a couple of issues to content with, primarily the fuel tank in the way and the limited amount of material to work with. So I purchased some really tidy Sierra turrets, ground them down, rust treated and zinc primered. Then cut out the old top hats and just trimmed the new turrets to size in order to fit through the hole from underneath. 

Pics don't really do justice for the final product after seam sealing and stone chipping, but the turrets are far better and stronger than before. Now being double skin layered, the rear can withstand the coilover abuse as it does not have the spring in the beam and it's rosejointed throughout. No pics of the inside yet, which I'll spend more time on to make more visually pleasing than inside the arch. 

Old turret

New turrets

???????

Found a bit of play in the turbo, so that’s had a full overhaul including a new core and bearing. Map check at SCS next.

​​​​​​​

Finished the other rear turret today, just need to paint, seam seal and stone chip it all. Next job is a map check on the 3rd May and then its ready for the June and July trips to the Nurburgring

Unfortunately the best that can be done with what was there to work with. Done very poorly originally, but now very strong and rust free. That’s all I want in a race car.

Big thanks to Jim and Ryan Gibbs at SCS for sorting out the map on my car today. Epic job all round!

Neueste Beiträge

Oben