Veering under hard acceleration

Focus RS Forum

Hilfe Unterstützen FOCUS RS:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSBRY

Punkte Reaktionen
Veering steering or zig zagging side to side is widely reported on the Uk and USA forums but doesn't seem to be a major issue for you guys, are there many topics on the subject here because I can't seem to find much.

I know this was discussed here anywhere, but can't find it now. :nixweiss:
I also have this veering now and then, so I know the topics @ Uk and US forums.
It seems there is no real solution anyway, so i guess we have to live with it.

greetings from Germany, Bavaria to the UK :winken:

We do have some threads about this problem but not that mutch like you guys
i couldnt rly figure out for myselfe why this is such a big thing at an other country... confusing :confusednew:

if i speak for myselfe, i have the problem with the stearing while a hard acceleration + lane switching and maybe + an old road..
but when it happens it happens with such a strength that the overtake is more like a fight, then a smooth drive

i already went to the dealer and let them deactivate the pull drift compensation which helped with the general driving but not with the problem..

one of the other members here had the same and the pdc didnt helped him mutch aswell, he went back to the dealer and they changed some small parts, i cant remember me what was it exactly but maybe we will heare from him here in this thread :p

see ya

Stealth-RS schrieb:
I know this was discussed here anywhere, but can't find it now. :nixweiss:
I also have this veering now and then, so I know the topics @ Uk and US forums.
It seems there is no real solution anyway, so i guess we have to live with it.

My Edition has the problem and it feels dangerous, top Ford guys have experienced it in my car and are trying to resolve the issue, they mentioned it only seems to be a UK problem but I'm sure the issues have been reported through out Europe and USA.

Dom_Ink schrieb:
greetings from Germany, Bavaria to the UK :winken:

We do have some threads about this problem but not that mutch like you guys
i couldnt rly figure out for myselfe why this is such a big thing at an other country... confusing :confusednew:

if i speak for myselfe, i have the problem with the stearing while a hard acceleration + lane switching and maybe + an old road..
but when it happens it happens with such a strength that the overtake is more like a fight, then a smooth drive

i already went to the dealer and let them deactivate the pull drift compensation which helped with the general driving but not with the problem..

one of the other members here had the same and the pdc didnt helped him mutch aswell, he went back to the dealer and they changed some small parts, i cant remember me what was it exactly but maybe we will heare from him here in this thread :p

see ya
Thanks for the welcome, Ford UK don't recommend turning off PDC and as you say it doesn't help with the issue.
It would be great if we could all gather as much info as possible from all over the world to help resolve this issue.

It's definitely a worldwide problem and it is dangerous, like the RS tries to kill you.
Would love to have a final solution for this.

we could do something yes, but what type of connection do we need to ford?

could be a small contract who everyone can sign online be it?

Stealth-RS schrieb:
It's definitely a worldwide problem and it is dangerous, like the RS tries to kill you.
Would love to have a final solution for this.

I think the problem is a lot of owners either put up with the issue or except Fords line that this is a characteristic. Not enough owners are complaining strongly enough to make Ford sit up and do something.

zuerst soll Ford die Probleme mit der Standfestigkeit des Motors und der Überhitzung vom Motor und dem Antrieb beheben, dann erst die anderen Kleinigkeiten. Der RS ist nur in den Spurrillen nervös, da muß man halt neben der Spurillen die Linie wählen oder nicht so hart in den Spurrillen beschleunigen.

this is a very risk issue in my oppinion. it is sometimes very scary and dangerous to keep the car in control when it happend.
i'm new in the Ford world but i never drive a car that is so dangerous in this situations. I work as mechanic in the VAG Group and driven nearly all VAG cars. I never had such a bad feeling like the rs does when this happens.

I will talk to my dealer and i think about a letter to ford itself.

Perhaps a petition is a good start to get ford looking into this issue?

@rsopi

leider ist das nicht so einfach. ich hatte das problem schon öfter und konnte keine spurrillen erkennen. Meine Freundin so glaube ich hätte die karre schon 2 mal in den Graben gesetzt. Es ist echt nicht witzig wie der manchmal schlangenlinie fährt.

Da muss kmxak 100% tig Recht geben. Sehe es genau.

Hatte dieselben Probleme. Sehr gefährlich.

Bei mir wurde das PDC abgeschalten und es scheint zu helfen.

Auf neiner "Problemstrasse" ist das Phänomen bis jetzt nicht mehr aufgetreten

Peak torque in 3rd gear accelerating hard is when veering is worse, it happens on both smooth and rutted roads, for me it is the most serious issue as it's safety related.

mit den Spurrillen komme ich selbst klar, mit einem defekten Motor nicht. Leider wird vom Ford weder das eine noch das andere behoben, geschweige denn die anderen Probleme.

Es gibt auch Leute bei denen tritt das Problem nicht nur in Spurrillen auf, sondern auch sonst bei scheinbar ebener Fahrbahn, wie bspw. Hausstrecken oder neu gemachten Straßen. Bei mir war es im ersten Jahr auch teilweise ganz schlimm. Seit dem ich dieses Jahr andere Reifen fahre, ist das Problem bei mir fast komplett verschwunden. Die Reifen fühlen sich allerdings insgesamt etwas weicher an - besser kann ich es nicht beschreiben..

Trotzdem finde ich das Thema von Ford lächerlich gelöst. Ich denke man hat am Fahrprogramm in Verbindung mit dem verteilten Heckantrieb einfach in der Entwicklung gespart. Oder aber die Entwicklung hat nicht lange genug gedauert. Den Wagen kann ich als Hersteller in der Form eigentlich kaum auf die Bevölkerung loslassen, wie der teilweise reagiert (bei mir: reagiert hat).
Leider tun sich mir immer mehr Dinge auf, die eigentlich einfach nur als lächerlich bezeichnet werden können. Aber das nur am Rande.. Vielleicht kann ich demnächst mehr ins Detail gehen, zur Zeit würde das nichts bringen.

@Maverick

Du schreibst leider immer nur, dass sich so manche Dinge bei dir angehäuft haben und du noch nicht darüber schreiben/berichten willst.
Darfst du noch nicht darüber berichten oder ist es aktuell einfach ein für dich nicht passender Zeitpunkt?
Könntest doch einfach ein Thread dazu aufmachen und wir können Diskutieren.

Ich habe das mal ausgiebig getestet. Ich kann ebenfalls bestätigen, dass der beim harten Beschleunigen sich manchmal anfühlt, als würde man über Strassenbahnschienen fahren. Ich glaube sogar, dass es mit der Liteblox deutlicher ist, weil die Vorderachse jetzt noch mehr entlastet ist? Auf Focusrs.org hat jemand geschrieben, nicht gleich gegen zu halten. Habe beides probiert, und nicht dagegen anzukämpfen scheint das Verhalten zu entschärfen. My 3 cents.

Sent from my SM-J320F using Tapatalk

Wurde den mal bei denen die es immer noch bemängeln die Lenkung neu kalibriert?
Kenne wenn der hatte es ausschalten von PDC immer noch dann Lenkung kalibriert und um Welten besser.

Gruß

Ich finde den Anhaltspunkt mit den Reifen sehr interessant! Was fährst du jetzt für Gummis @Maverick?

Mir war der RS viel zu nervös und mit meinen neuen Felgen habe ich die Spurbreite um 1cm verbreitert und das wirkt sich immens auf das Fahrverhalten aus.

Metaxa schrieb:
Mir war der RS viel zu nervös und mit meinen neuen Felgen habe ich die Spurbreite um 1cm verbreitert und das wirkt sich immens auf das Fahrverhalten aus.

Na und wie :confusednew: (hört der einfach mitten im Satz auf.....)

Metaxa schrieb:
Ich finde den Anhaltspunkt mit den Reifen sehr interessant! Was fährst du jetzt für Gummis @Maverick?
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric 3
Aber das sind nur meine Erfahrungen / Empfindungen. Schon mit den Winterrädern hatte ich den Eindruck dass es viel erträglicher war. Ob es sich jetzt allgemein eingespielt hat, und es nur zufällig mit dem Wechsel der Sommerreifen zusammenfällt - ich weiß es nicht...

Neueste Beiträge

Oben